Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Road to the Future (MIND MAP)



MIND MAP 1

My first mind map had a lot of random words going off it. A lot of them had to do with my far-away future (Grad School, Graduating, where I'm going to live, etc.) The other words were more about my immediate future (Money, Family, Peace, Hobbies, etc.) This made the map's purpose kind of messy and all over the place. I tried to keep my drawings, words, and lines really neat, however.



One of the big problems I ran into was having enough room. A lot of my drawings overlap on to other categories. It was also hard to think of a drawing for every word. I'm not sure I got a lot of Mind Map 1. In Mind Map 2, I will be sure to be clearer in the words I choose to go off FUTURE. I need to focus on the most important aspects of my future. Also-I want to make the connecting lines part of the drawing and life of the mind map.






MIND MAP 2

Mind Map 2 really clarified my original idea. I kept my main icon with the girl and the word future representing my future. As I said, I wanted to change the connecting lines and I made them roads and titled the entire mind map "The Road to the Future" I also broke down the amount of categories that were in Mind Map 1. For instance, everything about school was grouped into a category called "Graduate." Under "Peace" I put categories that were originally on their own -- like "Family."



This Mind Map helped me to sort out how I feel about my future and who and what I want to be apart of it. I got to see what is really important to me.For instance, I really need time to myself as I am constantly stressed with work and school. I also need inner peace and this has a lot to do with my relationships and living situation. Graduating went on the top because right now school is the most important thing to me.




CLOSE-UP'S


(MIND MAP 1, close-up on FAMILY)




(MIND MAP 2, close-up on main icon, FUTURE, and girl cartoon representing me)

No comments:

Post a Comment